Restaurant Chain Updates 2010-03-10
Posted Date March 2010
By: Foodservice Equipment & Supplies
CKE, Dine Equity, Famous Dave's, McDonald's, Morton's, Pizza Inn, Saladworks and Wendy's/Arby's release operating results and expansion news.
- CKE Restaurants, Inc. (NYSE: CKR) announced company-operated, same-store sales decreased 4.2 percent for Carl's Jr. and Hardee's stores during the first quarter ending February 22. Sales decreased 2.6 for Carl's Jr. and 6.2 percent for Hardee's.
- DineEquity reported domestic, systemwide same-store sales decreased 3.1 percent at IHOP and 4.5 percent at Applebee's for the fourth quarter ending Dec. 31, 2010. For fiscal 2009, sales decreased 0.8 percent for IHOP and 4.5 percent for Applebee's.
- Famous Dave's reported same store sales for company-owned restaurants declined 3.4 percent for the fourth quarter. Sales for its franchise-operated restaurants declined 8.5 percent. For the full-year, same-store sales decreased 6.3 percent for company-owned restaurants and 8.5 percent for franchise-operated restaurants.
- McDonald's reported same-store sales increased 0.6 percent in the United States, 5.4 percent in Europe, and 10.5 percent in the Asia/Pacific, Middle East and Africa (APMEA) in February.
- Morton's steakhouses reported comparable same-store sales decreased 11.6 percent for the fourth quarter ending Jan. 3.
- Pizza Inn, Inc. opened a restaurant in Oklahoma City, its third in that market. The buffet-style restaurant chain also opened a location in Houston, its 20th in that market.
- Saladworks has signed an agreement with a multi-unit developer for eight restaurant locations in Orange County, California. Areas of interest for development include Irvine, Anaheim, Costa Mesa.
- Wendy's announced fourth-quarter systemwide sales in the U.S. decreased 3 percent, while Arby's North America systemwide same-store sales decreased 11 percent.