• What experience do I need?
We can teach you the elements of our business, but the most important assets are organizational and people skills, work ethic, enthusiasm and adherence to our tried and proven standards. Any prior experience in food service, retail or business management is also helpful but not necessary.
• What is included in my franchise fee?
Use of Saladwork’s brand name, operating systems, logo, trade dress, and the operating leverage of multiple locations are included.
• What are the ongoing fees?
Royalty 5%; Advertising 3%; Advertising for food court locations 1.5%.
• What do I receive for my royalty payments?
Saladworks provides ongoing support to its franchisees in all aspects of their daily operations. This includes the development of a business plan for each location, business coaching, training, coordination of product distribution, implementation of new products, quality control and other services as needed to maximize sales and profit.
• Will Saladworks help me find a location and assist in the design and construction of my store?
Saladworks provides assistance choosing and designing the location for your store. Saladworks will assist you with lease negotiations and approve final lease agreements. Preferred Saladworks locations include: end cap and in-line restaurants in strip centers, free-standing units, major mall food courts, transportation centers, ground floor sites in major office buildings and street-side locations with high pedestrian traffic.
• What are the steps in becoming a Saladworks franchisee?
1. Submit your information online
2. A Saladworks representative will contact you for an initial phone meeting
3. Attend a Saladworks franchise showcase or webinar
4. Fill out a Saladworks franchise application and submit
5. Attend discovery day
6. Become a Saladworks franchisee
• Can Saladworks help me secure financing?
Saladworks can direct you to a number of lending institutions that have provided financing options to other franchisees.
• What type of training do you receive?
Saladworks provides a five week training and familiarization course, covering all aspects of conducting business at Saladworks to include classroom training (Profit and Loss management, ServSafe Certification) and in store training for you and your management employees.
• What support do I receive from Saladworks?
Among many other things, Saladworks provides the following.
• proven business model
• concept applicable for multiple venues
• site selection support
• lease negotiation support
• construction support and guidance
• store opening support
• ongoing operational support
• 5 week Saladworks training program
• ongoing ServSafe certification for store managers and employees
• volume negotiated pricing for signature products
• cutting edge product development
• local store marketing and public relations support
• ongoing business education training
• POS/IT support
• verified and approved vendors
• distribution procurement
• regional dine-around sessions
• franchise convention
• Why join Saladworks?
For over 20 years, Saladworks has provided fresh, made to order, entrée sized salads in the greater Philadelphia area. Now, Vernon W. Hill, founder of Commerce Bank has joined the Saladworks family and we are on our way to opening Saladworks locations across the country. Saladworks provides a fanatical service experience to its customers and franchisees, and it is what has made us the #1 salad franchise in the nation
• How many stores can I open?
Saladworks is on the lookout for potential franchisees that are interested in developing one Saladworks franchised restaurant in our Mid-Atlantic core market or a minimum of three locations in geographies outside core.
• What do I need financially to open a Saladworks?
Saladworks requires potential franchisees to have a minimum liquidity of $150,000 for one location or $210,000 for three location development with a net worth at or above $500,000.